To say we are heartbroken, to say we are devastated, to say we are angry – is not enough. We must end the killing. Rights & Democracy stands in solidarity with everyone across this country and beyond, who is rising to defend Black lives.
Black communities and their allies are organizing rallies and marches nationwide, and across New England in response to the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbury, Breonna Taylor, Yassin Muhamed, and countless others whose lives have been taken from them by the systemic violence of oppressive institutions and ideologies.
We have signed on to support the Movement 4 Black Lives’ policy platform, the entirety of which can be found on their website here. We encourage you to take some time today if you haven’t already to read their platform and sign their petition.
If you feel safe doing so, join these upcoming actions in solidarity. We encourage you to wear a mask and maintain social distance. If you want to help out as a peacekeeper please let us know:
Upcoming NH Actions:
- Saturday 6/6 – Concord Black Lives Matter Protest (Concord Statehouse, Saturday 6/6 at 1pm)
- Saturday 6/6 – Nashua Black Lives Matter Vigil (6pm, Greeley Park, Nashua)
- Saturday 6/6 – March for Justice (2pm, Kittery / Portsmouth, see Facebook event for details)
- Sunday 6/7 – Portsmouth United – Rally honoring the loss of innocent lives – (North Church of Portsmouth, Sunday 6/7 12pm)
Upcoming VT Actions:
- Friday, June 6/5 – Essex (Essex Five Corners, 4:30-6pm)
- Saturday 6/6 – Waitsfield. Mad River Valley Anti-Racism Initiative. Meet at Waitsfield United Church at 9am.
- Saturday, 6/6 – S Royalton (Vermont on the Green, near VT Law School 6pm-8pm)
- Sunday 6/7 – Honour Their Names – (State House Lawn Montpelier, VT 12pm-4pm)
- Sunday 6/7 – Rutland – (Main Street Park, Rutland VT 10am-2pm)
If you are not comfortable attending rallies during the pandemic, you can still support and defend Black Lives.
Sign the Movement for Black Lives (M4BL) petition. Formed in 2014 in response to increasing violence against Black communities, the Movement 4 Black Lives is a coalition of groups across the US representing the needs and interests of Black communities, which comes together to develop a shared movement strategy and political platform. M4BL has called for a Week of Action, culminating in mobilizations on Friday, June 5 – today.
For M4BL updates, follow their Facebook Page or text PLEDGE to 90975.
As a member funded organization, we understand the power in using our collective resources to drive our movement. We ask that you support the movement organizations on the ground in Minnesota and across the country.
Support local BLM chapters and the George Floyd’s Memorial Fund & on the ground BIPOC organizations in Minnesota:
- #GeogeFloyd Action Toolkit
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Black Visions Collective
- Reclaim the Block
- Minnesota Freedom Fund, which is currently taking a pause on donations, has asked to direct donations to this list of worthy orgs assembled by Reclaim the Block.