The Vermont Climate Council is gearing up to develop a plan that will serve as a roadmap for how our state addresses the climate crisis. Now is our chance to speak up for a Climate Action Plan that rapidly transitions us off of fossil fuels while centering justice, equity, and most-impacted Vermonters to ensure we all can thrive!
The Council is hosting the following series of in-person and virtual public engagement hearings on the Climate Action Plan. Council Members want to hear from you – and it is critical that we all show up to call for a plan works for all of us.
- Tuesday, September 21, 5 – 7pm: Elmore State Park Pavilion | 856 VT-12, Elmore, VT
- Wednesday, September 22, 5 – 7pm: Emerald Lake State Park Pavilion | 65 Emerald Lake Ln, East Dorset, VT
- Thursday, September 23, 5 – 7pm: Lakeside Park Pavilion | 32 Mill St, Island Pond, VT
- Sunday, September 26, 3 – 5pm: Airport Park Pavilion | 500 Colchester Point Rd, Colchester, VT
- Thursday, September 30, 6 – 7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom
- Tuesday, October 5, 6 – 7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom for BIPOC communities
- Wednesday, October 6, 6 – 7:30pm: Virtual event via Zoom
By speaking up and showing up together last year, we won the Global Warming Solutions Act that made this process possible. Now it’s time to keep the momentum going! Sign up for an event to make your voice, ideas and concerns heard.
[button style=”blue” float=”left” margin=”5″ size=”large” link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2tItpPnfH0mGBiw9pOUrsTAiA2PZpxV8F25U4-tRbm9UO2g/viewform” target=”_blank”]RSVP[/button]
If you didn’t know, all Vermont Climate Council meetings are open to the public, with space for public comment. Find them on this calendar.
Want to learn more about how to speak up for a bold, effective climate plan that centers justice and the needs of our communities? Join one of the remaining Just Transition Community Conversations hosted by 350 Vermont and co-sponsored by RAD and Vermont Renews:
- Statewide (online), Sept 19, 7 – 8:30pm
- Bristol (online), Sept 20, 7 – 8:30pm
- Charlotte (online), Sept 21, 5:30 – 7pm
Email email@example.com for more information and to sign up for any of the online sessions. Learn more about the campaign and about how you can take action.